|Level||GCSE English Language (always studied with English Literature)|
What we study
Students will be taught to:
- read fluently and write effectively. They should be able to demonstrate a confident control of Standard English and they should be able to write grammatically correct sentences, deploy figurative language and analyse texts
- read a wide range of texts, fluently and with good understanding
- read critically, and use knowledge gained from wide reading to inform and improve their own writing
- write effectively and coherently using Standard English appropriately
- use grammar correctly and punctuate, and spell accurately
- acquire and apply a wide vocabulary
- use and understand grammatical terminology
- listen to and understand spoken language, and use spoken Standard English effectively
The Spoken Language endorsement will be reported on as part of the qualification, but it will not form part of the final mark and grade.
The English Language 9-1 workbooks and revision guides from www.cgpbooks.co.uk are recommended.
The course prepares students who would like to continue English Language and Literature, or English Literature at
A-Level at Oxted School.
Mrs D Read - firstname.lastname@example.org