Ethos, Vision and Values
Bringing out the Best
Oxted School will excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in students of all abilities and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
- To develop self-esteem in all students
- To challenge all students to achieve their best
- To encourage positive behaviour, individual responsibility, and ambition
- To provide a happy, safe, caring, and inclusive environment that values each individual and promotes respect and consideration for others
- To prepare students to become confident and responsible citizens
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum to meet the needs of all students including their personal, social, and spiritual development
Oxted School’s approach is both forward looking and traditional, offering a proven high-quality education. We provide opportunities for students of all abilities to achieve high standards within a caring atmosphere that enables them to develop socially and academically. We work hard to engender in all students’ self-esteem, confidence, and consideration for others through their secondary education. We set high standards for behaviour, promoting traditional values that are important for life-long achievement. We believe that academic attainment flourishes in this atmosphere enabling students to develop into confident and well-rounded young adults.
The dedication and professionalism of our staff and the support of our parents combine to ensure that at Oxted School, the reality matches the promise.