Oxted School’s PE department prides itself on providing an active, varied and challenging curriculum where all students experience opportunities to become physically confident and engaged in health and fitness.
We have nine highly qualified PE -teachers who deliver a PE programme that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in sport, competition and physical activity as outlined by the PE National Curriculum.
Learning and undertaking activities in Physical Education contribute to achievement of the curriculum aims for all young people to:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Be physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
During Key Stage 3, students will be taught to build on and embed the physical development and skills learned in Key Stages 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Students will become more competent, confident and expert in their techniques, and apply them across different sports and physical activities
- Students will gain an understanding of what makes a performance effective and how to apply these principles to their own and other’s work
- They will develop the confidence and interest to get involved in exercise, sports and activities out of school and in later life
- Students will understand and apply the long-term health benefits of physical activity
Students will be taught to:
- Use a range of tactics and strategies to overcome opponents in direct competition through team and individual games
- Develop their technique and improve their performance in other competitive sports
- Perform dance using advanced dance techniques within a range of dance styles and forms
- Take part in outdoor and adventurous activities which present intellectual and physical challenges and be encouraged to work ion a team, building on trust and developing skills to solve problems, either individually or as a group
- To analyse their performances compared to previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best
- To take part in competitive sports and activities outside of school through community links or sports clubs
|KEY STAGE 3 CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES|
There are also many enrichment sports clubs offered by the PE department. Regular attendance at these clubs will improve performance and progress in PE and also provide opportunities for students to represent Oxted School in our various sports teams.
Mr D Wheatley - email@example.com
Oxted Sport Leadership Academy
Oxted School provides a selection of Sports Leadership opportunities that are available to all students from assisting with enrichment sports clubs as a coach, leader or official. Oxted's Sports Leadership Academy also provides ample opportunities to lead at primary school sport in terms of their PE lessons, sports festivals or extra-curricular programme.