Travel & Tourism - BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate
|Specific Course Entry Requirements|
|Examination Levels Offered||BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Travel & Tourism (equivalent to A* - E at A-level)|
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Travel and Tourism aims to provide a broad educational base for further training, education and employment within the Travel sector.
The qualifications will develop learners’ abilities through the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme.
The vocational context of the qualification provides learners with realistic work-based scenarios and projects. The BTEC National Extended Certificate is equivalent to one A-level.
Associated Course Costs
Students will be asked to buy the course textbook which will be approximately £20.00.
Students must study four units.
- Unit 1 - The World of Travel and Tourism
- Unit 2 - Global Destinations
- Unit 3 - Managing the Customer Experience
Optional Units - Unit 8 The Airport Experience OR Unit 19 Work Experience in Travel and Tourism
How is the Course Assessed?
- Unit 1 - The World of Travel of Travel and Tourism - Externally Assessed Written Examination
- Unit 2 - Global destinations - Externally Assessed Controlled Assessment Case Study
- Unit 3 - Managing the Customer Experience - Internally Assessed Coursework Assignments
Optional Units - Unit 8 OR Unit 19 - Internally Assessed Coursework Assignments
Units 1,2 and 3 are mandatory units and count towards 83% of the final grade; Unit 8 or Unit 19 equates to 17% of the final grade
Mr P Stockley - email@example.com